Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parallel port communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sputnik

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
parallel port h378

If you can use the parallel port for a 2-way (ECP, I think) communications link between two computers, how can you do this in QBasic if you can only send to port &H378 and not receive?

Thanks
Sputnik :idea:

Why do you hasitate using same H378 ?
They both have rx and tx. so it is impossible to crash as there is a double handshake.

I linked to computers together and had one send a value while the other computer read from the parallel port, but the one reading wouldn't receive the correct value.

There may be a problem on the cable
connections.Besides, how did you change Master and slave instructions ?

It does work, cause I did a parallel connection with it in Windows. What's that about master and slave instructions, oops, I think that's my problem!

I wonder, your username, did you get that from a biological term?

My hoby is astrology that is why I use the name Aster.
h**p://www.aster.org
For your other question,

In order to provide the comunication between two computers. I do not know what kind of program you are using.
According tou the application you must change the program mode between receive and sent modes.

I'm using QBasic, I stated in my first post. Does anyone know how to change these settings, if so, please let me know, thanks.

Aster in biology are the extra spindle fibres in a cell that are not use in separating the chromosomes during cell division. There is obviously a lot, lot more information here that has not be given in order to make it understandable (bearly) and short.

hi

there are good details in the beyondlogic.com

if u access the control register 0x37a bit 5 as what i remeber is what changing from transmit to receive mode

u will find the details in the last sie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back