Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

parallel port cable pin discription?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asic1984

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

i am searching for the pin discription for a prallel port cable (female to female)

i only found a connection between pc to printer but i need the schematic of the cable pin discription

thanks for help

h**p://www.lvr.com/parport.htm
FYI.

hi

thanks for your help

i mean by my question the cable that is used to direct connection between 2 pc's

i need to know which pins are connected from pc1 to pins in pc2

www.beyondlogic.org just explain pin discription assuming that your cable wil be connected to a printer or used with leds

to the contrary of serial cable, you can connect them on 1 to 1 proportion, means pin 1->pin1, pin2->pin2,....

although there are some programs that require exotic geometries to communicate, but it is not common, parallel ports can cmmunicate happily on 1->1 proportion as I said earlier.

Hi,

If you want to make a direct connection between two PC's you can use the RS232(Com,serial) port.It is an easy one.By using three pins of the COM ports of the both two computers and using hyper terminal you can make file transfer and any other data transfers.
The connections are as below.
First the 7th pins of the both computers must be connected.(7th pin is the ground.)
Second the 2nd pin of the 1st computer must be conneted to the 3rd pin of the 2nd computer.
Third the 3rd pin of the 1st computer must be conneted to the 2nd pin of the 2nd computer.

(2nd pin of the com port is TxD=Transfer data.)
(3rd pin of the com port is RxD=Receive data.)

The logic is simple.The transfer data pin of the first computer tranfers the data and the TxD pin of the first computer is conneted to the RxD of the second computer.So the second computer can receive it.The logic is same as the communication between the second and the first computer.

For further information about the com port you can look to the beyondlogic web site or you can look to the Mazidi's 80x86 microprocessor book or Gaunkar's 80x85 microprocessor book.

If any other questions you can ask me .
My e-mail is: msemse@gmail.com

msemse

asic1984 said:
hi

thanks for your help

i mean by my question the cable that is used to direct connection between 2 pc's

i need to know which pins are connected from pc1 to pins in pc2

www.beyondlogic.org just explain pin discription assuming that your cable wil be connected to a printer or used with leds

What you need is a so called "Laplink parallel Cable" you can find the pinout as omicron already posted here:
http://www.nullmodem.com/LapLink.htm

best regards

hi asic1984,
i used this (h**p://www.hardwarebook.net/cable/parallel/interlink.html) cable under w2k to connect to computers. it works. it is the pinning of a laplink parallel cable.
**=tt

to asic1984: do you plan to write a communication software youself or you want to use a specific software for communication? if second case is true, name your software.

There are many knowledge about computer interface in this handbook.
you can take full advantage of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back