Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parallel coupled line Band pass filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mabrok

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey

I am designing parallel coupled line band pass filter, and I want to know what is the substrate usually used in this design?

One more thing, how much should be (ideal) S-parameter S11, S22, S21, S12 within the frequency bandwidth required?

Thank you

Mabrok, To begin with, read filter fundamentals from Textbook such as Microwave Engineering by Pozar. You will see how the S-parameters of filters look like. Also, if your project is an academic one, use a cheap FR4 material for your first design.

Later, you may go through more thorough book such as "Microstrip Filters for RF / Microwave Applications by Hong/ Lancaster".

and I want to know what is the substrate usually used in this design?

Choose a permittivity where length of resonators fits your available board size. Higher permittivity results in smaller pyhsical size.
Look for small tolerances in permittivity if your filter is narrow band.
Look for small dielectric loss tanget, because that reduces insertion loss.

For the substrate height, look at gap width. Thinner substrates result in narrower gaps, which might be difficult for manufacturing tolerances.

Reactions: Mabrok

Mabrok

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you for your advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back