Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Paper, documentation request- power amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakuhuaco

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
a big problem

I have a big problem. I have to design a power amplifier and gave me the transistor FLU17XM, this transistor has no models. I am designing in class A, with 360 degrees of conduction. I have finished the design for maximum gain (conjugate matching). Now I want to try to build a linear model of the transistor, from the parameters s.

Anyone has this?

1) G. Dambrine, A. Cappy, F. Heliodoro, and E. Playez, "A new method for determining the FET small-signal equivalent circuit," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech, 36, no. 7, pp. 1151-59, July 1988.

2) D. Lovelace, J. Costa, and N. Camilleri, "Extracting small-signal model parameters of silicon MOSFET transistors," in IEEE MTT-S Int Microwave Symp. Dig., San Diego, CA, May 1994, pp. 865-868.

3) G. D. Vendelino, Design of Amplifiers and Oscillators by the S-parameter Method. New York, NY: John Wiley and Sons, 1982.

Some know more documentation?

Thank you very much

a big problem

It's not possible to extract a non-linear model from small signal parameters such as s-parameters.At least mathematically it's not possible.
Non-Linear behaviour is totally dependent on operating point, nonlinear response of the active device etc. and also it covers nonlinear parasitic components in intrinsic and extrinsic portion of the active device.
So, maybe only possible way to extract a "approximative" model is to measure the active device under certain conditions that is quite difficult at high frequencies.

But recently, Agilent has released X parameter definition that is s-parameters measured under high signal levels. In a limited manner, this can help you..

wakuhuaco

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
a big problem

thank you very much for the advice. I will read about these new parameters. If design with s parameters, a class A amplifier, is very far from reality? (working below Pcomp).

Thx.

Re: a big problem

You can use low signal S-parameters for a class-A power amplifier which works below the compression point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back