Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

page which will check a subdirectory upon loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

msmax

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Webpage question...

Not sure is in the right forum.

I like to have a main page which will check a subdirectory upon loading.
I will store pictures in this directory. The main page should generate automatically hyperlinks to each picture found in this subdirectory.

I'm already happy if this is done with textlinks.
Better is if it will use thumbnails for creating hyperlinks.

Any one out there who can help me with this.
Sample codes will be very helpfull as I'have never made a webpage before.

Thanks!

Re: Webpage question...

That's a lot easier to do in PHP if you want to do that, and there are lots and lots of that "Gallery" thing in freshmeat.net, I'm assuming you have a web-server with php enabled, If you cant do that, probably some apps in java, I think you can downlodad the "Gallery" thing on freshmeat.

Offcourse all the thing is GPL, and Open-Source so you can mess with the source.

try this

Try this format

<A HREF="link_to_what_you_want_to_go_to">

You can place it in each cell of a two dimensional table so your thumbnails are in a grid instead of a vertical arrangement.

May be:
you can use JavaScript to create file names like:
ThumbName="thumb"+counter+".gif"; =thumb1.gif
after this you must every time after loading picture check OnError event, If there will be an error you must stop creating ThumbName and stop creating HREFs.
PHP is much more efficient but requires money usually (no free web services with PHP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back