Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PAE of Class E PA (issue with simulation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xxy

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I had designed a CMOS Power Amplifier using two stage class E topology. May I know why my PAE simulation result didn't have saturation point?
When I tried to check the transistor work or not by simulating dc analysis, but the IV graph comes out is blank. I also tried to run dc analysis on another simple schematic, which has only one transistor, the IV graph still blank.

May I know what happen for my PAE and IV graph?

Hope any experts can give some advices . Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• PAE.jpeg
    PAE.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 183

The PAE simulation didn't get the saturation point because it has not reach the saturation point (yet).
To achieve the saturation point you have to increase gradually the Pin more than is shown in the plot (greater than -10dBm).

Either
-Your Circuit Configuration is wrong
or
-You drive the circuit with very low level that is not sufficient to drive Class-E amplifier.
Post your circuit schematic..

The PAE simulation didn't get the saturation point because it has not reach the saturation point (yet).
To achieve the saturation point you have to increase gradually the Pin more than is shown in the plot (greater than -10dBm).
The Pin range I set up to 20dBm but it just show until -10dBm.

Show the plot for Pin greater than -10dBm (up to +20dBm as you said).
Depending by the output power of the PA its possible that not even for Pin=+20dBm to not reach the saturation. For example a 100W PA (+50dBm) for sure will not saturate at Pin=20dBm

Either
-Your Circuit Configuration is wrong
or
-You drive the circuit with very low level that is not sufficient to drive Class-E amplifier.
Post your circuit schematic..

Attachments

• schematic.PNG
    schematic.PNG
    8.9 KB · Views: 158

Show the plot for Pin greater than -10dBm (up to +20dBm as you said).
Depending by the output power of the PA its possible that not even for Pin=+20dBm to not reach the saturation. For example a 100W PA (+50dBm) for sure will not saturate at Pin=20dBm
This one i set Pin from -30dBm to +20dBm

Attachments

• Pin(-30dBm- +20dBm).PNG
    Pin(-30dBm- +20dBm).PNG
    21.4 KB · Views: 159

The plot you posted is not stopping at Pin=+20dB but is stopping at Pin= -5dBm..

The plot you posted is not stopping at Pin=+20dB but is stopping at Pin= -5dBm..
ya.. that's my problem facing right now. Even though I set until +20dBm, the simulation result came out around -5 to -10dBm only

Make a transisent analysis and check the voltage and current waveforms at each node. I think your circuit does is not healthy..

Make a transisent analysis and check the voltage and current waveforms at each node. I think your circuit does is not healthy..
I had ran transient analysis at each node, but the result came out is blank. May I know which part got problem? Can you advise me please? Thanks

I had ran transient analysis at each node, but the result came out is blank. May I know which part got problem? Can you advise me please? Thanks
Check the node voltages and branch currents step by step and follow the signal. That's solely solution.
Where the signal disappears? Operating Points ? Currents are healthy ?? Check them all like a repairman..

Check the node voltages and branch currents step by step and follow the signal. That's solely solution.
Where the signal disappears? Operating Points ? Currents are healthy ?? Check them all like a repairman..
Can you provide the link or manual regarding steps to check the node voltages and branch currents?

Perhaps your software might be corrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back