Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PADS2007: warning "No Symbol for size: XX"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhl777

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
no symbol for size

Hi guys, I am using PADS2007 to generate the gerber file. And the warning comes out --"No Symbol for size: XX" (XX is a specific diameter value). And when I use CAM350 to view the drilldrawing layer, it comes out like the attachment.
In the locations of the "+" and "x", there should be some round pads with holes in the center. And the "+" and "x" are used to take the place of the holes.
(1)Could you tell me how should I do in the setting to avoid this warning?

If I ignore these warnings:
(2)You see the table in the picture and this table tells us about this warning. Will this table display on the board when it is manufactured ?
(3) Do you know how big are these "+" and "x"? If they are larger than the holes, does it mean that on the board it will display some "+"and "x" without the centered hole?

Thank you very much!

drill symbol

When you create a drill drawing, you need to specify the symbol that Pads will use for each hole size. When you create or edit the drill drawing document entry in the cam list, select Options, and then Drill Symbols. When you hit Regenerate, Pads will scan the job and list all the drills it finds. You can then sort them by size and change the marker. You can also check for new drill sizes you may have accidentally added by hitting Augment, which will add newly found sizes to the end of the list. Since a different drill size is used for plated and non plated versions of the same finished hole to make room for plating, it will list each of them seperately. If you think you have all the drill sizes accounted for, but one is non plated, Pads will give you the error and automatically add a new symbol to the chart. You should also change the Drill Chart Location entries to move the chart off the board outline.

If all the drill sizes are accounted for in the chart, you will not get the error.

This plot will not show any pads, though and in reality isn't needed for the drill sizes as much as for board dimensions and notes. The drill sizes and locations are stored in the drill files with more accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back