Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pads memory problem - long loading times

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpinghand

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pads memory problem

hi all..
i am facing problem in pads power pcb 4.0
i have p-iv 1.7 g.hz with 1 gb ram...still pads is very slow ans sometimes designs takes 10-20 min for loading..what to do...

reply soon

helpinghand

pads runs slow

You might want to completely uninstall, and re-install. The proggie
If you are using xp there might be issues there as well. There are ways you can tweek your registry to make apps run faster.
Have a browse around tech net

https://www.microsoft.com/technet/default.asp

Good luck

Edaedaeda

Pads Running slow

Another remedy I have discovered to speed up my Powerpcb session is to turn off the visual effects on XP. It is very easy to do this.
1. Click start on desktop
2. Right Click My computer and select properties
3. Select advanced
4. Select Performance Settings
5. You can turn off any of the performance options here. The one that seems to slow down my powerpcb session the most is the last one on the list: "Use visual styles on windows and buttons" When you de-select this one you will immediately see the improvement when zooming, panning, routing, etc...

Hope this helps.
haveagoodone

edaedaeda

Hi helpinghand...
Try to check if your antivirus program is causing this problem.
I had the same problem using norton antivirus and specctra.
Disable your antivirus and try to run Power PCB, if the problem not persist, the problem is with your antivirus.
Good Luck

Check Licensing Management and control conflict with other software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back