Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pads layout copper pour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seyyah

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pads hatch pour

I make copper pouring with powerpcb. I save the file and quit the program. When i reopen the file i see a blank copper area with only borders visible. Actually copper are exists but doesn't seem. I make it visible by changing hatch view properties from the preferences menu. Why does this situation occur?. Can't i make it to seen every time? If i draw copper area manually then it has no problems. But if i draw it by flooding it has this problem.

making copper pour pads layout

I have the same problem. I think it is property of layout. My resolution is Tools->Pour Manager->Hatch->Hatch All->Start. The resolution is the same as your solution. If anybody know better way let me know.

JURS

how to pour copper in pads pcb design

anyhow, the cooper pour is an automatic process, and one of the LAST steps of the PCB design, so it doesnt matter, everytime you open the PCB design file, you have to pour it again.

pads flood option

i am also facing the same problem i have to hatch the copper pour again when i open previous layout files

but i noticed that if we r making any change to copper area than we have to flood instead of hatch.

there is one question in my mind
1) why there is hatch and flood option?
since after flooding also we can again pour the copper when we open the layout file. why there is hatch option, only to hatch that copper area which is already defined.

or
is there any other use for those option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back