Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PADS DIP Socket Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilmini12s

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I bought a 600 mil wide 40-pin DIP socket from Sparkfun for my PCB (DIP Sockets Solder Tail - 40-Pin 0.6" - SparkFun Electronics), but I don't know which part in PADS libraries to choose for this. Or if I have to just create a new part. I am using PADS version 9.1.

Also, how do I find a datasheet for the part I bought? Sparkfun doesn't give any manufacturing information.

And, what does "solder tail" mean?

Thanks in advance.

I apologize for the noobie question. This is my first time designing a PCB.

With v9.1 you should have access to PADs libraries\common; they have a decal and part type using the same name "DIP40-600". I seldom use the canned library parts and you will need to verify the lead/row pitch (0.1"/0.6" I assume correct) and the hole/pad size. The hole size is probably 0.035" and maybe too small for your socket, I recommend minimum 0.04" finished hole size. Also, these canned libraries do not code padstacks info for soldermask etc. - your call to add or allow cam directory to apply automatically. They do code a layer 25 which we used to use for negative planes, which we don't anymore. Without knowing the mfg. for your socket, I could not quickly find a datasheet. Solder tail is the PCB stick thru portion of the lead and is tinned for solder-ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back