Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pad Cells for boundary scan insertion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApTuPr

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Folks

I am inserting boundary scan cells but in my design but before that, I need to insert pad cells for boundary-scan. How to know whether my library consists of pad cells or not? How to identify those pad cells in the library?

Please help me out ASAP!!!

Thanks in advance

Generally pad cell libraries are separated from normal standard cell libraries. Those libraries' names are much different from those standard cell ones.

Hey Wizard,

Thank you for your help but the following are the doubts which need to be clarified:

1. How to know whether the particular pad is present in the library for boundary-scan or not?
2. Is there a different library for pad cell?
3. There are multiple pad cells in my library, how to identify which pad cell is for boundary scan cells?

Thanks in advance

Hey Wizard,

Thank you for your help but the following are the doubts which need to be clarified:

1. How to know whether the particular pad is present in the library for boundary-scan or not?
2. Is there a different library for pad cell?
3. There are multiple pad cells in my library, how to identify which pad cell is for boundary scan cells?

Thanks in advance
Generally except VDD/VSS power pads, most input/ouptut/inout pads can be used for boundary scan. First let function logic designers select pads that meet their function needs then DFT engineers build the boundary scan chain and tap logic.

ApTuPr

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Okay, I got it. Thank you so much wizard for your valuable time and help. I will now try by myself, if in case issue comes, will let you know.
Hope you will help me out again.

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back