Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pacific TV/DVD Combi with no power fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

newpcb

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am working on a Pacific tv/dvd combi which has a no power fault, it was working ok then one day it stopped working and there was a burning smell.
I have found a burnt out component attached to a heat sink in the power section on the main board, I am not quite sure of this component having not worked on this type of equipment before. I thought it may be the 'hot' at first but it has 5 pins so it could well be a voltage regulator. All 'caps' seem to be ok.
Does anyone know what this component could be and what model/serial number it could be as well? The number on the board says N51.
Also, is the Pacific manufacturer similar to another company?

Thank you for any help given.

Please, take some pictures of the PCB (component side/solder side) and attach them here.
Even caps that look good may 'break down' under voltage, so if we don’t have access to a ESR-meter, better to change them.

Hello,
Sorry for the delay in getting back. I have attached a couple of photos of the pcb with a burnt component (component side/solder side). Does anyone know what it is?
http://obrazki.elektroda.pl/87_1328712083_thumb.jpg[/img]
**broken link removed**[/

---------- Post added at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

url=http://obrazki.elektroda.pl/74_1328712354.jpg]
74_1328712354_thumb.jpg
[/url]

It seem there’s a problem with the attached pictures, so for the moment I can see only one of them. Try to attach also PCB solder side photos.
Maybe this circuit similar to Infineon SMPS Current Mode Controller series, one example: ICE2A765I/ICE2B765I
**broken link removed**

Hello, sorry about the previous photos, that was the best I could get. Thank you for your help mister _rf. The burnt component seems to be a power FET IC, so I am now looking around for one of those.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back