Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PA linearizing bias circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolsummer

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, friends, I am a newbie and I’m reading a paper about power amplifier linearizing circuit, the schematic diagram is shown below. The paper says“ The linearizing shunt capacitor with the base–emitter diode of the transistor (HBT2) compensates the decreased base bias voltage of the RF amplifier (HBT1) caused by the increased input power level". I just don't understand why the bias voltage of HBT1 and the base-emitter voltage of HBT2 would decrease if the input power level increases, could anybody help me and explain the linearizing principle of the circuit?

Attachments

• bias circuit.png
    bias circuit.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 163

I believe it's a temperature Feedback circuit,While Output Power is increasing, the Package/Junction Temperature increases and if the Transistors Q1 and Q2 are tied to HBT1, Current Control Circuit diminishes the Base Current due to \[ -2.5mV/C^o V_{BE} \] relation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back