Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

P89V51RD2 problem during reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBB

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
P89V51RD2 problem

I am using P89V51RD2. For ISP there is no problem. When i do ISP my code runs properly, but after RESET (by pressing RESET switch or Power on RESET ) code does not run. Please tell me the solution to come in user code after RESET.

Re: P89V51RD2 problem

If not already done...

1) connect pull-up resistor 4K7 from ALE to VDD.

2) connect resistor 8K2 from RST to VSS. and connect 10uF electrolytic from RST to VDD.

As far as code is concerned, a reset will always cause the instruction pointer to start execution from location 0000H. If your code runs the first time, then I think it shouldn't be a problem after a reset.

But don't take my word for it. I'm not an expert in this.

Do this values of resistor and capacitor matters.
i mean that if i use a 10k resistor instead of 8k2 and 10uf/35v instead of 10uf/16v does it will have any problem

hello
pratyathedon:
the value you choose is of no problem.

what is the code you are running. are you using serial communication. i had some problems when iam using serial communication program in rd2. if thats the case try to give some delay before serial communication in your program.

regards
kj
www.free8051projects.blogspot.com

Status
Not open for further replies.