Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

P89v51rd2 bootloader problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sreekanths

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have 2 micro controller 89v51rd2 ,one is with philips logo and other is with nxp logo
the 1 with nxp logo is working with the bootloader from philips site. Using a programmer i burned code to both IC but the one with philips logo is not working [not giving the U wen booting] what is the problem???.i can burn other hex files on the Ic and it is working fine

I have seen both IC NXP logo and Philips logo my supplier told me that nxp logo is from china and other may be old stock from euro countries or IC is something else and painted with Philips logo. even I found this in Atmel 89S IC's.

which programmer r u using?
both should be programmed in same way using ISP.

http://www.standardics.nxp.com/support/documents/microcontrollers/all/?scope=P89V51RD2

P89V51RD2 and P89LV51RD2 Boot Loader (Aug 24, 2004)

this is the boot loader am burning,same hex file to both processor after burning the NXP logo is ready to use with Flash-magic and getting U in hyper-terminal.But the one with philips LOGO one not responding.Configuration Bits also same 4 both

I checked with two processor of Philips logo but the result is same. that's why i get confused .The processors are working fine if u burn codes[Ex-uart read write ,LCD display] using the same USB programmer .. only boot loader it not responding.

Is there any chance to get processors with damaged ISP unit ?.

this is the programmer I am using

**broken link removed**

hie..guys is bootloading important for a new microcontroller...???m using p89v51rd2..

hie..guys is bootloading important for a new microcontroller...???m using p89v51rd2..

DONT reopen old thread if they do not answer your question ....

anyhow bootloader is important as it defines the characteristics and working of a controller.. it is written by manufacturer, which gives intelligence to controller to do the operation

Thank you.
So we need not to have to do any modifications in that??
And keep trying other options to get the program get transfer????

Not required.. if it does not work replace the controller. there may be a batch of IC problem.. i had 8Ic damaged when i purchased 20 Ic's one time...

try to change the shop you purchase toooo

Thank you..
If the controller itself is faulty...I have purchased 5 of them..so is there any measure to check controllers..???

Status
Not open for further replies.