Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

P89c669 error: Unable to connect at the specified baud rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

jitendrabatham

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
89c450 datasheet

Hi all,

I am Jitendra Batham,from Pune,i am doing project using philips Microcontroller P89c669,but it is creating problem while burning hex file,means it is giving ERROR which is "Unable to connect at the specified baud rate.Try reducing the baud rate,reset the hardware into the ISP mode again".

Can anyone give me the solution for this.

Thanks,

Jitendra Batham.

P89c669 Microcontroller

Hi,

are you using Flash Magic (google is your friend)? If not, please do so. Another hint, given by the Error Message, did you try to reduce the baudrate to let's say 9600 baud?

On a side note, if you are doing a new project, you might want to check ARM Flash microcontrollers, available from the same (or other) companies.

Bob

Re: P89c669 Microcontroller

Thnx Bob,

I hav used Google website,but still i can't find the solution.
Yes i hav changed the baud rate also,but the problem is same.

Give me some other IDEA to solve the problem.

REGARDS,

Jitendra

hi,

Have you grounded PSEN pin? You have to ground this pin for the bootloader inside P89C669 to communicate with the PC

If it's similar to the Dallas 89C450, then you have to select a baud rate according to the crystal connected to the P89c669!
So don't reduce it to 9600 because everyone uses 9600. Check the datasheet to select the correct baud rate!

Like rajeshkumar123 already said, do you initiate the boot loader in the correct way?
Correct levels on the correct pins?
With the Dallas I have to set three pins at a correct level.
Don't know with a P89C669 :(
Here again check the datasheet.

hi Rakeshkumar,

I hav connected PSEN pin to ground,but it is still not working.

I am using Philips Microcontroller,

Please give me more advice,

Thanks,

REGARDS,

Jitendra.

Hi Jitendra,

Can you send me the schematics of the controller alone so that i can be in much better position to reply.

With Regards
S.Rajesh Kumar

jitendrabatham said:
... ...Please give me more advice,... ...
I think I gave you the best possible advice, check the datasheet or at least post it here so that we all can read it with you :)

Also, what else did you already try?

Hi,

please ack, did you check Flash Magic?
http://www.flashmagictool.com/
If yes, you can at least be sure that the program communicating between PC and your hardware works. Then check your hardware.
For those that still want to help and even look at the Datasheet, it is here:
http://www.standardics.nxp.com/products/80c51/all/~P89C669/#P89C669

p.s. in case you have not noticed, the 669 is on last time buy status, I would REALLY not use it for a new design!

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back