Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

P Channel Mosfet Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkahn

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
p-channel mosfet driver

I am trying to find a gate driver for a P Channel Mosfet, but can't find anything. Any suggestions? Id= -6.5A, Vgs= -10V and Vdd= -50V.

p channel mosfet driver

IR2125 (international rectifier)

mosfet driver p channel

Thats an n channel driver

p-channel mosfet driver

sorry.....i was confucing it because recently i had to drive a p channel, and opted instead to use a (cheaper) n channel and that high side driver.

Anyway...for Pchannel IR may have something i will see........whats your circuit voltages?

are we going to be in need of an isolated high side drive?

Is this a p channel in a buck converter.

you know n channels are cheaper and faster switching.

can you drive it with a push-pull NPN/PNP pair?

if you give the cct it will be obvious how to drive it.

jkahn

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
high side p-channel mosfet driver

I am building a switching time tester to test the p channel mosfet. I am thinking of using an IXDD414 with the gnd connected to gate and the out to source. I'm not sure if this will work, I've had problems in the past floating driver chips. I'm going to use an opto to isolate the pulse from the driver. I believe I posted the specs in the first post.

how to drive p-channel mosfet

You rather should connect a non-isolated gate-driver IC with VCC to source and GND to negative supply, using an inverted input signal. I don't expect any specialized P-channel drivers to be availalble. Or design your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back