Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Overall current from IE3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

shameemkabir

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I have a structure which has two different antennas. I would like to calculate the contribution of each antenna to the far-field radiation. As far as I know, it can be done if I can calculate the currents on each of them.

From IE3D, I save the current density data in .cdd format. However, I don't really understand the structure of the file (specially v1, v2 ... columns). Is there anyone, who can explain, how I can calculate the currents from this file?

If you have some other ideas please let me know.

Regards,
shameemkabir

Hi, shameemkabir:

The .cdd file documents the current distribution on cells. Each cell has 3 to 4 vertices (v1, v2,..). It should be easy to understand if you check it in the above way.

Please understand that field is contributed by the whole system. You can't really consider which part of a structure contributes more far field energy. Think about it, if you divide a structure into 2 parts (part 1 and part 2), you get the E1 and E2 from each of them respectively. The total field is E = E1 + E2. However, the power created is not P = P1 + P2.

Best regards,

Hi jian!

Do you have any other idea how I can separate the far-field contribution of each part of my structure?

regards,
shameemkabir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back