Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Output matching for cascode LNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

engrvip

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a single stage source degenerated cascode LNA. I have understood most of it theory regarding input matching but dont understand how to do output matching of thi LNA ?

Hope someone can explain it to me.

Regards
Vipul

First, the output matching in LNA design should meet the stability requirements of the stage. And second, the matching network should be tuned for highest IP3 and required gain.
A usual topology for output matching of a single transistor LNA, is a simple LC network (series inductor followed by a shunt capacitor).
The DC bias of the transistor could be supplied to the Vcc through a choke. Sometimes the choke is a an inductor part of the output matching network.
At microwave frequencies some of the matching components can be replaced by microstrip lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.