Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Outage Probability in Matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emad Alyan

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

i need your kind help in how to implement outage probability for SNR in matlab. given
1.PNG2.PNG

Kindly please help me with that

thank you in advance

Hello,

i need your kind help in how to implement outage probability for SNR in matlab. given
View attachment 116794View attachment 116795

Kindly please help me with that

thank you in advance

If you are working with Rayleigh fading channel with coefficient h that is Gaussian with zero mean and variance 1, then the instantaneous SNR is exponentially distributed with mean equals to the average SNR, Eb/N0. What you can do is for each Eb/N0 generate N exponentially distributed RVs that represent the instantaneous SNR (in MATLAB the command is exprnd(Eb/N0)) and see how many times the instantaneous SNR is below a certain threshold. The ratio between this and N will the outage probability for this Eb/N0. Repeat for all Eb/N0 values to get the outage probability for all average SNRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.