Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Outage probability in matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashkan_d29

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every one!!!

I want to know that what is the idea to simulate the outage probability in the Matlab?
for example, when we want to simulate BER in Matlab we send bits over a channel and then calculate the number of errors and the BER probability. Now, what is the method for outage probability?

Hi dear Ahmed,

Thank you for pointing the site. Although it was good, I could not find my answer 'How to simulate the outage probability in Matlab?'

Sorry ashkan_d29, I thought you want to know the computational methods.
I've checked the MATLAB central for you and found an m-file that calculates the outage prob for a generator (power system), here is the link
https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcen...9-generator-capacity-outage-probability-table

I have no idea about the MATLAB tricks to calculate outage probabilities efficiently, so either download and check the m-file through the link I posted or wait for the other replies !

Good luck :D

ashkan_d29

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thank u Ahmed. I am not able to access the matheworks's from my country. Can you attach the file next time u replay?

Here you are.
The file is not related to communications, so you may need to exert some effort to understand how they calculate outage prob.

Regards !

ashkan_d29

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
dear ashkan_d29
did you find the idea to simulate the outage probability in the Matlab?
can you share matlab code how to simulate outage probability????
please, help
thank you very much
Best Regard

Status
Not open for further replies.