Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

out of memory and Server error in hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

basha009

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have designed a dipole folded antenna in hfss 13 version. when I start analyzing the design, it is showing "Simulation completed with executing error on server" and "out of memory". My system is a 32-bit one and has 2GB RAM. please, help me to overcome it. I need to complete the design within 3 days..

Thank you,

Have to reduce the size of the problem if the out of memory error is the true cause of failure. Discrete solve not fast solve. reduce size of model, use symmetry/ perf E/perf H boundaries if possible.

Thank you for the suggestion.
If I reduce the size of the problem, it effects the operating wavelength and frequency!
what do you mean by discrete solve and fast solve?

for your frequency sweep you have 3 options: fast, discrete , and interpolating. fast is generally quicker but takes more memory. discrete only solves at designated frequencies so you miss out on anything not at those frequiencies. interpolating takes similar memory to discrete but interpolates points between discrete points. To reduce size not physical size but complexity. make cylindars as hexagons/octagons to reduce facets and similar "de-featuring".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back