Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[OT] Technical Yahoo groups

Do you participate in Yahoo groups?

• No. I don't use the groups, I never needed/wanted to use them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. I use links and files only.

• Yes. I use most of the features (messages, links, files).

• No. I don't use the groups, becasue I don't want to bother creating a Yahoo account.

• Never heard of Yahoo groups.

• I use other kinds of e-groups (Google, MSN etc)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kender

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Stanford, SF Bay Peninsula, California, Earth, Sol
Activity points
Just want to know how much do people use the groups. I'm not affiliated with Yahoo.

By the way, what are you favorite technical Yahoo groups?

Moderator, if you think that this question is inappropriate for this forum - feel free to remove it. I will not mind too much.

Yes I doo..

There is no politics in here !!!:D

If you are interested in a more specific subject than just "microcontrollers" there are very good yahoo groups with lots of experts. Postings like common on this board, "PIC is great" "AVR is better" and the like are mainly absent in the good groups because they are absolutely worthless.
Groups that work well on Yahoo can be found by going here for microcontrollers:
**broken link removed**
and then look through the first 5 pages. If there are less than 100 members, the group is either new or does not work. Good groups have at least multiple postings per week, the top ones multiple postings each day to a specific subject.

Just my 2 cents, Bob

bobsanjose said:
... If there are less than 100 members, the group is either new or does not work. Good groups have at least multiple postings per week, the top ones multiple postings each day to a specific subject.

Recently, I've started a group on sensors.
**broken link removed**
I think it can be useful for the community. But it has only 3 members in it, and I don't really know how to get it off the ground.

About a year go I've started another one based one file sharing. That one took off immediately.
**broken link removed**

kender said:
csaba411 said:
I hate yahoooooo
Do you prefer forums like this one instead?

I like forums more because they are easier to use for threaded discussions. Also i feel more people participate in forums compared to groups as they are more "public" compared to groups.

I think newsgroups are the older way of sharing.Now we have forums and they are much more comfortable.

I'm in a group that has 2,778,913 members and we use Yahoo groups for all our messages.

It might get a bit problematic at times but it does the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back