Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oscilloscope TDS784D and Spectrum Analyser HP8591A

Status
Not open for further replies.

hot_chmock

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hp8591a

Dear all,

I would like to buy on the second hand market:

Oscilloscope Tektronix TDS784D.
Any comments about quality? Does it suffer from noise on low level like the TDS30xx serie?

Spectrum Analyser HP8591A.
Any comments about this instrument?

You comments and remarks about those intruments are very much apreciate.

:D

hc

tds784d

About the HP8591A.
It is from the old ages when HP instruments have ment to be the most reliable and highest quality instruments. I'd recommend it. More reliable than the 10 years younger ones.
Good luck.
P.S. What would be your second hand way ? e-bay ? or something else ?
I'd propose to go to https://www.used-line.com/ too, and ask several sellers about their prices, then try to squeeze it down.

hot_chmock

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hp8591a

G579,

Thanks for your comments, I check on Used-online, this kind of Spectrum Analiser is still very expensive from 5000$+ to 12000$ depending of options and cosmetic.

I think I will buy on ebay, I don't have really bad experience buying instruments there.

HC

hp-8591a

Just be very careful of sellers claiming they don't know how to test it cause they are too dumb, not a technician, selling as-is, blah blah blah! They know when it is a piece of junk and just want to get rid of it.

second hand dpo

I have just checked used-line, and after sorting the results for increasing price, the cheapest starts at USD 3250, or a European offer is at EUR 2495.
I'd propose to just check them.

oscilloscope tds784d

I guy's,

Thanks for your comments, finaly I have a TDS784A, it is a 1 Ghz DSO with 4 GS acquisition, difference with the TDS784D is a DPO, Tektronix is the only manufacture producing as far as I know DPO, does it really make a "3th dimension" on the data? I don't no, if you have experience in comparaison please let me know. I add on this 2 probes P6249 4Ghz bandwith.

For the Spectrum Analyser I decide to take something more modern and choose a IFR-2399 with color TFT display and several options just for a litle more money than an older HP unit.

HC

Hi, hot_chmock

May I ask you whether the IFR analyzer was a used one or a new one ?
And what was the approx. price and buying channel ?
Thanks
g579

Hi G579,

This instrument was used as demonstration unit and never used in the field, is like new and loaded with several options. Price $5000

Best regards,

HC

I think you have made a good deal!
g579

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back