Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] oscillator simulations using Monte Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

kparrish

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to find how much the oscillating frequency varies using Monte Carlo. I am using the dft command to find the spectrum, but the spectrum isn't plotted for every variation in the monte carlo simulation.

I am interested in doing a Monte carlo (or simple parameter sweep(+) and then extracting the oscillation frequency and max amplitude from the spectrum, is there any way i can do this? for the parameter sweep i can manually look at all the plots but the spectrum doesn't even plot for monte carlo.

I'm trying to find how much the oscillating frequency varies using Monte Carlo. I am using the dft command to find the spectrum, but the spectrum isn't plotted for every variation in the monte carlo simulation.

I am interested in doing a Monte carlo (or simple parameter sweep(+) and then extracting the oscillation frequency and max amplitude from the spectrum, is there any way i can do this? for the parameter sweep i can manually look at all the plots but the spectrum doesn't even plot for monte carlo.

Do PSS simulation in RF Spectre with Oscillator option an find the oscillator frequency for each MC variable set.
You may use a OCEAN script to combine or automate these simulations.For instance you have set MC run as 100, create a FOR NEXT loop in Ocean and in every step the simulator will find the oscillation frequency and write somewhere until 100 runs are completed.
You can do this simulation out of ADE.Create your netlist and run Spectre thru xterm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back