Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oscillator simulation using ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

pthoppay

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I was trying to simulate colpitt oscillator using ADS, Please find the circuit given below.

In my feedback I have quartz crystal, whose model is supplied by telequartz (bulid in library of ADS).

My probelm is, when I use normal quartz model (serier LCR and parallel C) by my own the circuit is working properly, but when I replace the quartz crystal by this model then it gives error, whose report I have attached alongwith.

Please let me know if anyone have expeienced such probelms before and solutions for the same. Else please suggest what to be done to simulate?

Thanks in adavnce.

Regards,
Prakash.

Oscillator simulation using @DS

I think the problem is the model itself. I have simulate a very simple circuit using that xtal. It gave a warning with a wrong result.

Oscillator simulation using @DS

i have tested other osc circuits with ADS and it works well
i have used the model of xtal in ads name cResXtal and it works well

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have checked with that earlier. And that model is a kind of ideal case. SO thought would work with such real time model. ANd to the suprise it doesnt work.

SO do anyone know where could we get moel for ADS model for crystal oscillator.

Regards,
Prakash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back