Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oscillation problems in Multisim and Electronic WorkBench

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronicman

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
multisim wien bridge

I did many electronic oscillators Circuits Like RC Phase Shift ,Wien Bridge and
LC Oscillators in MultiSim And EWB ,but they did not work at all ,so What is
the problem of this and what i should do to solve this?

oscillator multisim

multisim is a very bad simmulatos. it has many non convergance and accuracy issues.
keep away from it. it is a useless tool.
hock

multisim lc

Hi,

In general for simulated spice oscillators with capacitor or self, you need to specify the initial condition, like V = 0 for capacitors or I = 0 for selfs. Look at the parameter IC of these components.

The most common problem with simulating oscillators in Multisim is that the auto default initial time step is not set small enough by the program. Look under "Simulate, Interactive Simulation Settings, TSTEP" Set it manually small enough to handle the highest 1/f in your circuit. Example: If you expect 100MHz set to ≤ 1nS

The other, as already mentioned below, is to set an initial condition different from equilibrium or skip the initial operation point aclculation in transisent analysis.

...or - as a third alternative - make one of the supply voltages time dependent (switch-on at t=0).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back