Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orientation of the E field

Status
Not open for further replies.

abees81

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,,,

I was woundering why can't I orient the E field perpendicular to the shortest dimension of any port either wave port or lumped port eventhough I ticked the polarize option in the excitation window. please refer to the attached image.

the second thing is how to produce TM11 in a waveguide?

thanks in advance...

sorry i forgot to mention that am using HFSS v10

hi abees, to orient the electric field in a waveport you must define an integration line (one of the options when defining a waveport). If you want the TM11 mode in your waveguide you must increase the number of modes to be excited at the waveport. You do this on the same tab when defining the integration line. Also the polarization option is only if you want to induce to perpendicular modes in your waveguide (say for V&H polarizations).

abees81

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks YoungEng,,, that was helpful.
cheers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back