Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OrCAD to PowerPCB inteface issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

benradu

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
capture to powerpcb

Hi,
I'm experiencing a stupid problem when I transfer my sch to PowerPCB.
By using Precience PCBNavigator anything works fine except the transfer of the Value attribute. I realy don't understand why the PCBNavigator does not include the value in the generated asc file.
The second way to generate the netlist for PPCB is to use the padspcb.dll from OrCAD capture. But the same problem. The value does not appear in the generated asc file.
I prefere to use the PCBNavigator because of nice interface between the two tools.
Anyone experienced the same problem? Is there a workaround?

u can use a little add-on ---powernet
for orcad creating pads netlist including attr(eg,value.....)**broken link removed**

In pcbnavigator go to windows (design navigator) click parts ,column 5 is value.

the easiest way is still with pads/orcad combo. As such follow these steps:
1) generate netlist in orcad
2) copy the orcad generated netlist and open a notepad and paste it there
3) highlight the file from the top->down until you see *NETS* (if i remember correctly)
4) delete the highlighted part and save the new file as a .asc file
5) assuming u have the parts defined in pads, simply import the .asc file
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back