Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

orcad spice simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qmriso

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how would u rate orcad spice simulator? and other products? is there any othe software that is better than those of orcad? if so pls mention it here. i have used orcad 10 so far. and find it reasonably good. but i feel to get to used to more softwares... and for analog simulations and digital simulations, that is for both.. if there are separate better softwares for both then pls mention them. if u could give a detailed explanation abt te software as well, then it would be very useful.

For simulation, each software is having its advantages and limitations.

I used OrCAD Spice. But after that MultiSim from electronics workbench seems superior in many aspects.

It is having good component library.
Also instrument library.

You can visualize the ouput in an virtual Tektronix or Agilent Oscilloscope. You can feed signal from an Agilent Function Generators.

Also you can export the data to LabVIEW and you can monitor changes.

Check www.electronicsworkbench.com

i use orcad pspice..but sometime find it troublesome to search component in pspice
i think cadence is easy and have better performance.
maxIIplus also goodin digital simulation

OrCAD is considered as a simulator for earlier designers that start the mission few months ago. In OrCAD, you will face silly problems and many many blocks and chips will have no model.
It is a good start, but you need extra programs..

there are another better too it is called "expedition". It is a proffesional one. But it it more complex than OrCAd.

for Digital simulations:
you may use VHDL-tool, like xillinix and mentor tool.

for more specefic categorization, search about both "Mentor Tools" and "Cadence tools" ....

Status
Not open for further replies.