Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad schematic to Concept HDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

varan

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
concept hdl

Is there any option to import the orcad schematic (not symbol library) to Concept HDL?

orcad to concept converter

I don't know of any way to make that translation. Concept HDL has a rather complex file structure for schematics. As far as I know, you can't translate from Concept to anything else, or from anything else to Concept.

I'm not sure why you would want to work in Concept HDL in the first place - it's more difficult to work with and much more complex than Orcad.

hdl in orcad

That's not true. There is a translator that converts Concept HDL to Orcad and Vice Versa it was from etools and now is elgris.com
As with any translator you need to do some clean up after wards.

Regards,

M

orcad concept

majnoon said:
That's not true. There is a translator that converts Concept HDL to Orcad and Vice Versa it was from etools and now is elgris.com
As with any translator you need to do some clean up after wards.

You're right, I had forgotten about e-tools - it's an expensive tool that gives very poor results. Have you ever actually successfully used it? It is an Edif converter, not an Orcad to Concept translator. It has a module that installs into Concept, and then you can import the Edif version of the Orcad schematic. When I tried the version 4 demo four or five years ago, about half the symbols in the schematic weren't translated, and many of the connecting wires somehow vanished between Orcad and Concept. Unless they've really improved their product, it isn't worth wasting the time. You might as well redraw the schematic.

transilator for orcad to concept hdl

I tried from Concept to Orcad part of it. It did decent job all symbols and nets were there. But not all attributes. So some clean up were needed.
Since ECO called for only small changes I end up doing it in Concept after all but boy that was hard to learn!

M

concept hdl symbol library

thanks for your replies.
Before i have imported the orcad symbol to concept HDL but i dont know how to import the schematic from orcad to concept HDL.

import edif into concept hdl

i know this tool. it is a direct translator and provides good result. it can translate orcad->concept and concept->orcad.
Majnoon - what version do you run ?

model orcad 16 hdl

Hi Majnoon,
Can you please explain how did you import the orcad schematic to concept hdl not part libraries incl;uding nets?
It will helpful for me.

If i place the same symbol in the cocept HDL schematic the reference designator did not update i need to change.please anyone help to resolve this one..

concept hdl orcad

Hi Varan,

As I mentioned in my post I used translator from elgris.com

It was a 30 day trail version with 6 or 7 page limit.

Regards,

M

import conept into orcad

Thanks a lot Majnoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back