Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad schematic power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdoo

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm trying to design a driver for a LED.

i had found this schematic: can anybody helps me to undrstand this

input 230, LED (6W).

Attachments

• schematic.jpg
    schematic.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 82

Hi,

This seems to be a "non isolated" LED driver.
Touching the LED, the connections of wires to the LED may hurt or kill you or anybody else.

I don't recommend to use this circuit, because it's dangerous.
Especially for hobbyists.

You need to care about safety regulations of your country.

Klaus

Hi,

This seems to be a "non isolated" LED driver.
Touching the LED, the connections of wires to the LED may hurt or kill you or anybody else.

I don't recommend to use this circuit, because it's dangerous.
Especially for hobbyists.

You need to care about safety regulations of your country.

Klaus

Thank you claus,

what is the role of the AP1684!, i did not fnd it in ordcad

I would suggest you ditch this circuit, you level of understanding worries me especially where a circuit like this is being used.... These circuits are used, but are not safe and are usually found in totally potted LED mains light bulb replacements where NO parts especially conductive can be touched. This is not the realm of hobby/playing circuitry!
If you cannot find out the role of the AP1684* then leave this sort of stuff alone you will be a danger to your self and others.
* It took me less than 15 seconds to find its function.....

Hi all,

I'm trying to design a driver for a LED.

i had found this schematic: can anybody helps me to undrstand this

input 230, LED (6W).

AP1684 is a LED driver controller, everything is explained in the datasheet **broken link removed**

AP1684 is a LED driver controller, everything is explained in the datasheet **broken link removed**

Thank you yassin, i had readed the datasheet, but it does not explain how it work (it is about performance and components) i had some question about the circuitery:

what is the role of the two diods D1 D4

in the schematic the schottky diode output is directly connected to the V+ pinout ( so we will have 200v in v+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back