Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OrCad Pspice 16.5 error message - template not defined - model undefined

Status
Not open for further replies.

monster munch

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I am new to OrCad 16.5. I am trying to simulate a design and I get two errors.
1) Error ORPSIM - 15113 Model D04Az11 Used by D_D1 is undefined. This refers to a diode I have placed in the circuit, but was copied from a working example given in OrCad as a basis of the project.
2) Warning ORNET -1119 No PSpice template for D2 ignoring.

I have bulit the circuit from the following library C:\Cadence\SPB_16.5\tools\capture\library\pspice.

Ironically the examples given when you open a new project, such as resonant filters, bandstopfilter etc all work fine. If I copy any of these circuts and add anything from the above library I get errors.
So it must be something I have to enable\set\ etc... but what could it be?

Any help gratefully received.
JTJ

Probably U use the free version of software. If you are, then you could not able to use that component for SPICE simulation.
But if you have the license version then go for following suggestions.

1> Check that you have not another simulation program in your computer. If you use one or more programs,then it may be interfere.
2> Try to uninstall all the spice related programs and reinstall Or Cad Pspice first and check it works or not.

Tell me if this can help you or not.

I would suggest the best Spice program that I found is "LT-spice". It is free-of-cost and can simulate most of the general components.

Last edited:

Hi jbrathod88,
Yes I am using the evaluation software.
I am evaluating the software because my company are looking to purchase. I am an experienced used or OrCad, having used it in a previous company, but this was an old version, I think v10.
I assumed I must be doing something wrong with the new version.
If that is the reason, I'm not sure I can sell it to my employers without showing them the functionality.

Thanks for the response though.

You can try further if you want to.
-In new version(I guess you use v16.3) you have to find out the library in which all of the components are able to simulate. It must be in the library called like Pspice.olb library.I think it is in the Pspice folder of library.I think the evaluation version does not contain all of the components which can be simulate.
-Or you can simulate the component similar to that component you want to. Ex. You can take another diode which has the similar functionality or characteristics to the D04Az11 diode or whatever you use.

from which library you picked up the symbol for "D04Az11" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back