Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad PSD with XP? Or... Orcad PSD installer bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronrancher

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anyone gotten PSD to work with XP? My distribution of PSD14.1 can be executed under XP's NT4 compatibility, but dies because of a file it did not find in the temp/INST000 folder. I can't tell if this is because of compatibility mode, or because of a bug in the installer.. Anyone have experience with this?

Only PSD 15.0 is fully compatible with XP !

yeah it says that, true - but that's not accurate I think..

The problem I had was a bad CD burn.. Haven't had that happen in years! Looks like one of the CAB files was bad, but it didn't checksum it so it just dies on install.

Both PSD 14 & 15 work on XP, in case anyone else is wondering.

Hi ,
If you have a CD burning problem , and know about it , you should buy a new burner since you cannot be sure in a such situation if your CD is burned properly or not .

But , I remember that is a tweak for this issue .
Try to run the "setup.exe" file from the "setup" directory and not the one from CD's root .

thanks, but please try to post mostly meaningful things here - elektroda is a nice board due to the good info here, and the lack of useless posts like this one. i know you want enough posts for membership but please don't get excited and post nonsense. how could a bad CAB file be fixed by manually running the installer? without the CAB, there is nothing to install! come on, i know that much!

moderators, it's ok to lock or close this thread now.. I think the issues are resolved.

psd 14.0 is too old it is work on NT4.0 with sp6
or unix

psd 14.0 some block can not work on NTFS file format! too! I lost!

Yes PSD 14 and 14.1 install without any problem under xp PRO service pack 1 or better. The only thing to remember while installing is to stop the autorun (when inserting the CD) and run setup from the file manager.. Then everything is smooth. I am now running 15 still under XP pro without a glitch..
Hope this help..
:)
electronrancher said:
Anyone gotten PSD to work with XP? My distribution of PSD14.1 can be executed under XP's NT4 compatibility, but dies because of a file it did not find in the temp/INST000 folder. I can't tell if this is because of compatibility mode, or because of a bug in the installer.. Anyone have experience with this?

i have tested both PSD 14.0 and 14.1 on windows 2000 and XP, they work fine. PSD 15.0 is also working nice on windows XP. you can please check ur cd with some cd image tool.
hock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back