Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad PCB editor silk screen ref des

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z2012

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does the silkscreen ref des actually print on on the physical PCB silkscreen?

Hi
I can't understand your clear mean . can you describe it , please?
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

So im using Orcad PCB editor 16.5. I placed a reference designator on the silkscreen layer by using the "label refdes" button.

will the reference designator that I put on the silkscreen layer actually be printed on the physical PCB by the manufacturer?

As i understood , you want to obtain silkscreen format from that to obtain your PCB with that ?

It is placed when you include it into silkscreen gerber file. Verify your gerber before sending it to manufacturer by opening it in a viewer like CAM350 or by importig it back into Editor.
If you dont' see any refdes then go to manufacturing-artwork and edit particular silkscreen gerber by pressing right mouse button ot it. In popup window include class REFDES-SILKSCREEN_TOP into gerber by setting a checkbox.

It is depends on you..if you want silkscreen on on your pcb tell manufacturer . in denced card some of the time you need to gothrough the assemblely text ..due to space constraint.

Regards
Praveen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back