Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad PCB editor pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z2012

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have Orcad PCB editor 16.5. I make a new drawing with the type being package symbol, and set up the grid and work area. I go to place padstacks by selecting layout>pins. Then the "select a padstack" box should come up but it doesnt. What am i doing wrong?

All I can think off is:
Check padpath is set:
Setup: User Preferences: Design_paths: padpath

Then I added a pad by going to:
Layout: Pads: then selected the pad shape I wanted in the options tab.

I see the options tab now. So that means I need to store all my pad designs in the cadence folder?

All I can think off is:
Check padpath is set:
Setup: User Preferences: Design_paths: padpath

Then I added a pad by going to:
Layout: Pads: then selected the pad shape I wanted in the options tab.

Yes, its years since I used it so I cant remember how I set the library up. Hopefully one of the other members will chime in who use it every day.

1. Go to the menu View-Windows and make sure that checkbox for Options is checked.
2. When placing pins use browse buttons on the options page (located usually on right side) to select padstack.
3. Search path for padstacks is determined by padpath variable (serach for word "padpath" in preferences).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back