Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad PCB Editor for Motherboard Design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamynn

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im thinking of using OrCad PCB Editor for creating a motherboard design due to the enormous costs of Allegro. This would be an 8 layer board, about 10"x8", standard PC components, so LGA socket and BGA, but nothing super fine pitch. My plan for getting around the DDR relative prop requirements is to just leverage an already existing ref design with the same DDR to LGA connector placement and copy the routes. All other interfaces such as PCI-E and various digital display are serial, so dont have relative prop rules. Anybody have any idea how achievable a motherboard design is in OrCad?

you can give me the Schematic and i will prepaer it's foot print to you and the you can place the component easy and the route

Anyone able to advise?

I have done similar designs in Orcad PCB editor (it is a cut down version of Allegro) 14 layers DDR memory, ethernet interface, controlled impedance etc etc so it is do able.
Have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back