Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OrCAD Library - help with fixing the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SphinX

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
OrCAD Library Problem?

Hi,

When i creat new design in capture, I creat a new library for this design too.
I put the new symbols in this library.
When i copy the component i need from the other library to my library
i notice that there are also some components are copied also.
for example when i copy component R from Discrete library to my own library i notice there some components are copied too like RESISTOR..

Why ?how can i fix that ?

Thanks

Hi

Since Most Parts in a design environment have exactly same symbol , Hence to reduce library making time capture provided a mechanism of part aliases.

Here make one part. Go to View->package

Double click on the empty space on the page and then click new aliase button and add as much aliases and there respective parts will be created in file.

To differentiate all part aliases have a bar in the nand gate symbol in the project manager.

Now to the original question...

Since the part aliase can not exist without the part .. hence if an aliase is copied the part also gets copies along with all other aliases....

Regards
Asterix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back