Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

(OrCAD) ECO not updating footprints in Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmicboy

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Folks,

When I change footprints in Capture and re-generate the netlist, with the 'Run ECO to Layout' option selected, it seems to ignore those footprint changes. I get the ECO dialog but nothing happens.

I've looked around but couldn't really see a solution so I was wondering if you know a workaround for this as it is a bit annoying.

Another footprint related issue I have is, I can't change the footprint of a component (in Layout) with a same name (updated) footprint. Let's say I have a component with footprint X, after I place it in Layout I find an error and go back to the library manager to fix it. After I save the changes and exit library manager I click on the component and choose the updated footprint X from the library it is saved in (not from cache!) and nothing happens. The only way I can get Layout to update the footprint is if I pick another, completely irrelevant footprint and then go back to my library and pick footprint X. Is this the normal behaviour of Layout or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

To get Layout to recognise footprint changes from Capture, you need to use the AutoECO/Override Attrs option, rather than the default AutoECO option, in the ECO dialogue.

For changing to a revised footprint with the same name, the process I follow is:

* Right-click on component in Design window and select Properties.
* Click the Footprint button.
* Select the library and footprint, confirm the displayed footprint looks correct, and click OK.
* Choose whichever of the "replace all/replace selected" options is appropriate, and click OK.
* Click OK to close the Edit Component dialogue.

This works in Layout 10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back