Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OrCAD Capture Pin Names / Pin Numbers Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElleryPotash

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
duplicate pin name orcad

I'm working on OrCAD Capture v10.3, after many years away; having 2 problems:

1. Library parts, like Resistors, have default Pin Names of '1' and '2', but no Pin Numbers assigned. When I try to generate a Net List, I get strings of errors in the Session Log saying that it's looking for Pin Numbers. I know that this is not necessary, as Schematics generated by my predescessor used the same parts, sans Pin Numbers, without problem. I don't want to manually add Pin Numbers to all these placed parts. How did he do it? How do I tell OrCAD to use the Pin Name and not look for Pin Number when creating a NetList?

2. Some parts, that I created, have intentionally duplicate Pin Names (ex: 'Gnd' or 'N/C'. When going for the Net List, the Session Log cites numerous errors relating to "Duplicate Pin Name". How do I get around this?

Please help, if you can. Your soonest response is most appreciated.
Thank you -
- Ellery

orcad a pin with name is duplicated on the part

can you upload your project fıles or email me I may check.
my email : volkan.acikel@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back