Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad Capture DSN File Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkumetz

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking for the file format for the DSN files generated by Orcad
Capture. Either the 9.x or 7.2 format would be helful.
Thanks

That may be the wrong file. It appears to be C code for a project.

I am looking for the data format used by the Orcad DSN files. I would like
to translate another format to Orcad and I would rather not have an intermediate
EDIF file to import.

The DSN files are not ASCII so I need the format of the binary data.

I just looked at one of my DSN files. It doesn't look like it can be easily decrypted without knowing the format.

Here's a good group where you can post your question **broken link removed** . They might be able to point you to the DSN format spec or to help you solve your problem. The DSN format spec might be available, because a lot of non-Cadence EDA packages can open DSN.

- Kender

The format for the DSN files must be available because there are a number of packages which import them. The question is where does one acquire it? The Cadence folks are not exactly on level of Bill Gates when it comes to being generous so my only thought was to post the request in as many of these forums as I could think of and hope that someone has what I need.

rkumetz said:
The Cadence folks are not exactly on level of Bill Gates when it comes to being generous so my only thought was to post the request in as many of these forums as I could think of and hope that someone has what I need.

I would use the same approach. If you do yahoo groups, post to my **broken link removed** too. It's a pretty big group, and there are probably OrCAD employees in the group, they might help you inofficially. I'm interested in this subject too, because I was burnt by incompatibilities between OrCAD an other EDA packages in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back