Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OrCad Capture 16.6 Switch Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgalle22

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I'm trying to do some simulations using a switch to get some waveforms similar to the data I have and know is right and I'm having some issues. I've tried to follow some of the guides I've seen here but have had no luck. I have tried playing with the S switch found in the "ANALOG" library in the attached photo. Currently the output I'm getting that you can be seen from the photo of the schematic shows the green having 3V continuously. This should get shorted when the switch closes and that voltage should become 1 Volt. I can not get the switch to accomplish this task. I've tried operating the switch with the pulse, messed around with the V_on, V_off, R_on, and R_off but still have had no luck on this simulation. This is a closed circuit and thus the voltages aren't really in reference to ground (as seen with the 36V power supply, so I'm wondering if this is what is causing me issues). I've never used a switch before in orcad so I'm not 100% sure I've done it correctly. If someone could help me simulate the 1-3V change by opening and closing the switch I would appreciate it. If you guys know a simpler switch as well, I would love to know how to use it. This one only needs to close for a few milliseconds, maybe 1-2 seconds top for data collection purposes. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Pspice_Switch_Waveform.PNG
    Pspice_Switch_Waveform.PNG
    10.2 KB · Views: 139
  • OrCadCapture_Switch_schematic.PNG
    OrCadCapture_Switch_schematic.PNG
    34 KB · Views: 485

Status
Not open for further replies.