Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad/Allegro PCB Designer and Quickplace/Autoplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikalcarbine257

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Could anyone guide me on how to use the quickplace and autoplace features while using Allegro or OrCAD PCB Design? I have version 16.3 and I am having difficulties. I created a test PCB board 1700x1000 mills with a keepin distance of 100. When I use quickplace the program places all of the components on the top of the board, but outside of the board. Selecting left, right or bottom has a similar effect where the components are placed outside of the board layout. Also, when trying to use autoplace it asks for X and Y grid lengths. I've tried using different numbers and then selecting the keepin area of the board. It grids the entire area but then does nothing afterwards except highlight horizontal and vertical lines. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

At the quickplace form, read the radiobuttom setting at the lower part of the window.
To place inside board outlines You need to create rooms both in schematic and at the board, then voila.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back