Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad 16.3 to Orcad 9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nandulal

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

Initially I'm using Orcad 9.2 for schematics then we moved to Orcad 16.3. But we have some issues with Orcad 16.3.

Now we want to convert schematics drawn in ver 16.3 to ver 9.2. is there any way to do it?

Plz help.

Regards
-- NKG

you cant do that lower version to higher is possible but higher version lower is not possible..even in pcb editor..

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Dear Nandulal & Praveen,
I have found a solution for conversion of schematics from ORCAD 16.3 TO 9.2 VERSION.

First in ORCAD 16.3, go to 'FILE', then "EXPORT DESIGN". Convert the schematics to .edf format in orcad 16.3

Later take the converted .edf file to orcad 9.2 and
go to 'FILE' then "IMPORT DESIGN". In "OPEN" , Select the converted .edf file of 16.3 version and In "Save As"give the name for .dsn file name
(preferably same file name). Give "OK".

You will get a error message, ignore it. You will get the converted file of version 9.2.
Regards,
MADHAVA.M

It is simpler than that. Simply save your 16.3 schematics in 16.2 format using 'SaveAs. Version 9.2 will then be able to read it.

Keith

Help : Orcad 16.5 capture to Orcad 16.2 layout

Hello everybody.
Can you help me ?
I'm using Orcad 16.5 Capture and Orcad 16.2 layout. But I don't understand. Why I can't create Pin on Orcad 16.2 layout when I create file netlist MNL on Orcad 16.5.
I sent a wrong file under :

Please,Help me.

MADHAVA.M,
Do you know if this method can also convert 16.3 to 7.2?
Thanks, Jim

Re: Help : Orcad 16.5 capture to Orcad 16.2 layout

Dear Trandungee,

Have you find the reason for your problem with Capture 16.5 and Layout 16.2 or not? I had the same problem as you had. Please show me detail if you find the result?

Thank you,
Tuân
Email: tuan.phmt@gmail.com

- - - Updated - - -

Re: Help : Orcad 16.5 capture to Orcad 16.2 layout

select .dsn file save as type. you will find lower version saving option...

It is simpler than that. Simply save your 16.3 schematics in 16.2 format using 'SaveAs. Version 9.2 will then be able to read it.

Keith

Like most Orcad tools, this does not work. Maybe it works if your design consists of one resistor and a wire, but more than that,
it's a joke.

Why do you say it does not work? What happens? Do you get an error message? I have used this many times and it works fine (and my designs consist of around a dozen pages in a multi-level hierarchy). The only quirk I have come across is you need to click on the .dsn file first in the project window for the "save as 16.2" option to be there.

Keith

Dear All,

Initially I'm using Orcad 9.2 for schematics then we moved to Orcad 16.3. But we have some issues with Orcad 16.3.

Now we want to convert schematics drawn in ver 16.3 to ver 9.2. is there any way to do it?

Plz help.

Regards

I tried almost all possible combinations based on various suggestions about this topic, and I finally succeeded to convert a rather
complex, 9 page hierarchical design from Capture 16.3 to 9.2. I had hundreds of failed attempts and one success. Here it is:

1. Open Design Resources, Right click on Library, add a project library with the name and path of your choice.
2. Right click on Design Cache - Cleanup Cache.
2. Right click on each component in the Design Cache, Copy.
3. Right click on Your Library, Paste.
4. Repeat the process for all components in the Design Cache.
5. Close your project.
6. Select File -> Open -> Library -> Your Library.
7. Select File -> Save As -> Capture 16.2
8. Open Capture 16.2. Believe it or not, you can load the 16.2 Library. Save As 9.2 Library
9. Go back to Capture 16.3 (or higher). Open your design.
In theory, you should be able to Save As Capture 16.2 and load it into 9.2.
It did not work for me, I was getting error messages. The only way to avoid it was to transfer one page at a time.
Better than re-drawing it. Here is the process:

Open a new design. Go to the design to be converted. Select the first page. Copy.
Go to the new design. Paste. Save As 16.2.
Go to Capture 9.2. Load the just-saved design. Save As 9.2
Repeat this process for each page in your design.

Hope it works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back