Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OR/CA/D LAY/OU/T and SP/ECC/TR/A Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hqqh

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I use SP/ECC/TR/A V10.2 to route an design (4 routinglayer, 2planelayer) which was created with OR/C/AD LA/YO/UT 9.2x. SP/EC/CTR/A finish the routing process with 100% and no conflicts. But when I import the cct file in LAY/OU/T there are many unrouted wires. All this wires are connected to VDD or GND and should be connected by a micro via and a burried via. If I use normal via's through the hole board there is no problem but I loose many routing space. I have no idea.....

Thanks in advance
HQ

Dear hqqh

I have use specctra two years. my suggestion that you should be use thru via for your project. it will save cost for U when u send for FAB. and I also know that specctra not support for Plane layer, so when u routing by specctra, it will delete your plane. Maybe U can use allegro or specctra quest to build your board.
if have any problems, please email for me. I will try to help U. My email address: winterquang@yahoo.com

Good Luck

Concat

problem solution

Hallo concat,

thank you for your offer to help me, but the problem is now solved.
There was an error during the translation from lay/ou/t to sp/ecct/ra with the
order of layers. So that sp/ecct/ra thought that all connections to VDD and GND are done and lay/ou/t has problems to read the rte-file.

the solution is to bring the layers in right order by copy and paste in the cct-file.

But anyway, thank you concat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back