Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Optocoupler with IR2110

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you aware of the huge signal delays caused by the optocouplers? Depending on the intended switching frequency, fast logic optocouplers might be required.

Hi, I think your circuit is ok. Remember the proper fire sequence, bootstrap, and the dead time for safe operation of your inverter. However, you may use fast response optos instead.

Cheers.

@fvm can u plz suggest me some optocouplerr for it ?? my switching freq id 16kHz
@both , should i cannect output pin 4 to +5 or +12 v ? as output signal of micro controller vary from 0 to 5 v and ir2110 operate at 12 v
Thanks alot

- - - Updated - - -

@fvm what do u think about 6N137?

6N137 is one of many suitable high speed logic optocouplers. As it's output voltage is limited to 5V, you have to supply IR2110 with Vdd of 5V, too.

Thanks alot sir .
Sir should i connect 6n137 like this ?
pin 1 , 4 --> Not connected
pin 2 --- > (anode ) microcontroller input
pin3 --- > ( cathide ) grounded with 560 ohm resistor

pin 8 --- > 5 V
pin 6 --- > output (with 1 k resistor grounded)
pin 5 --- > Grounded
plz reply
As 6n137 is not present in proteus library otherwise i have to upload the diag

6N137 output is open collector and must be connected to a pull-up resistor, as clearly indicated in the datasheet. To achieve non-inverted operation of the optocoupler, you'll connect the LED anode to VCC and cathode to uC output through series resistor.

According to the datasheet, pull-up resistor values of 1k or below would achieve almost symmetrical switching delays. 10k is surely too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back