Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Optocoupler between Microcontroller and Driving Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakkiboy

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Members, I am designing 2 KVa pure sine wave inverter system , using SG3525 to step up 24 Dc to 320 Dc , and then using IR2110 to make pure sine wave by SPWM signals from pic16f684 . I have a question that should I Use any optocoupler (like tlp250) between Microcontroller and Driving circuit or should I give signal directly to IR2110. (plz suggest so that will there be any problem when inductive load is connected ). plz help

Re: Optocpupler between Microcontroller and Driving Circuit

you must put opto-coupler

Re: Optocpupler between Microcontroller and Driving Circuit

Using isolation is not necessary you can buffer the signal with c mos ic and send it to you H-bridge driver like HIP4081,IR2110,etc it works fine

@kabeer ,bro i am new in electronics , CAm u plz tell me that how CMOS ( like HEF4049B ) or any other operate in this case and what is ther benefit . Waiting for ur response
Regards

yes pakikiboy,you can use CD4049 or4069 and you can also use transistors(NPN and PNP) to configured as buffer.

bro can u plz give me any rough schematic for its connection as i have no much idea about idea . any rough schematic or article related to it plz . Will be much thankful

Check this simple arrangement using transistors and if you need he H-bridge driver circuit let me know

Attachments

• c0921-figure1.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 153

Bro , u mean that i should give output of controller ( PWM ) to this transistor and the output of transistor to IR2110 ( full bridge circuit ) ??? mine main aim is to isolate the controller circuit fully from high voltage crkt ... .. ( is there possible by this ) can u give me any idea regarding using CMOS ic ??? plz

- - - Updated - - -

I have understood the connection of transistor , but why should i connect them , I mean what is there purpose >???

Bro , u mean that i should give output of controller ( PWM ) to this transistor and the output of transistor to IR2110 ( full bridge circuit ) ??? mine main aim is to isolate the controller circuit fully from high voltage crkt ... .. ( is there possible by this ) can u give me any idea regarding using CMOS ic ??? plz

- - - Updated - - -

I have understood the connection of transistor , but why should i connect them , I mean what is there purpose >???
if you want to use cmos ic then their will be no need of the transistors buffer you can use CD4069 instead,
for the transistors buffer is to to amplified the signal..

Usually PWM ic S3525 circuit is connected with battery so it needs isolation. This isolation is provided by the transformer. On the secondary side is 311V DC and 220V AC generator circuit which has mcu, does not require isolation. If you require isolation there too, hi speed optocouplers are required. A pulse driver transformer can also be used and then IR2110 will also be not required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back