Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Optimizing Feed Network of an antenna for S11 and Farfield Gain using CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

denizduran

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to create an Hybrid Metasurface Antenna Array. My S11 and farfield pattern did not come out as desired. I know this problem is due to my feed network not being precisely correct. My feed system consists of 3 wilkinson power dividers that are not symmetrical. Predicting the phase difference between the paths are very hard. How can I optimize for S11<-10db for frequency range 4.2GHz-6.2GHz? I have also attached my CST file and the antenna design article I am trying to replicate. Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• Metasurface_Array_Antenna.zip
    56.1 KB · Views: 77
  • MetasurfaceAntenna.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 91

Your simulated far field directivity gain (at 5.1GHz, where your simulated S11 = -15dB) is much lower than in the paper (4.6dBi vs about 11dBi)
So the diference between your S11 vs frequency and paper S11 may not be only the feeds.
Could be also differences related to array characteristics, especially mutual coupling between elements or substrate differences, characteristics that may affect the return loss of each antenna element.
However, due to changes in surface waves, those array types using grounded elements, gets higher mutual coupling between antenna elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back