Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Optimizing Antenna or Microstrip in FEKO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood_Midian

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone
I'm user of FEKO software. Can you give me some examples about optimize Antenna or Microstrip.
Thank you very much

cadfeko sample files

Hihi
Why are you keep silent?
plz help me if u can
Thank you

prefeko error

Hello, attached below please find two OptFEKO model examples, as well as the related quarterly news from EMSS regarding optimization stuff. Hope it is helpful.

Blood_Midian said:
Hi everyone
I'm user of FEKO software. Can you give me some examples about optimize Antenna or Microstrip.
Thank you very much

feko e shaped patch pre

Oh thank you, RayFeko. Seem you know FeKo very much. My company has purchase Feko but we cant take part in Feko'Training (Because too far). This software is good, and i want to have more knowdelge about this.
Thank you

sam clarke emss

No problem, Blood_Midian. Where are you located? If you are in US or Canada, there is a two-day training course on FEKO at APS conference this July at New Mexico
http://www.emssusa.com/emssusa/events/FEKO_shortcourseNM2006.html

There will be a short half-day workshop during Antenna Systems/Short-Range Wireless 2006 at Washington D.C. this September with the link below.

**broken link removed**

The user manual of FEKO is also very helpful. BTW, since your company bought FEKO, you should be able to get access to FEKO member area, where you can download many good example models.

PLease let me know if you need further information. Thanks.

Blood_Midian said:
Oh thank you, RayFeko. Seem you know FeKo very much. My company has purchase Feko but we cant take part in Feko'Training (Because too far). This software is good, and i want to have more knowdelge about this.
Thank you

pifa exitation feko

I'm from Vietnam so i can take part in your class ^ ^. I reading Feko manual day by day with example. But right now, i'm still have some problem with CadFeko and EditFeko. I'm understand example document, but with CAD job make me hard ^ ^.
Can you give me some tricks.
Ah my project is about antenna, so all we want to know about antenna's problem (building, optimize, place in real enviroment).
What software we need to use with Feko too?
I've meet Sam Clarke and he gave me some document too ^ ^

Thank you about your support. Nice to meet ya

pifa feeding feko

Hi RayFeko,

The zip file in the attachment does not have the project file (only the Prefeko files:
OptFEKO_Gain.pre
example_28.pre

Would you please upl the zipped project.

Thank you so much. Hope that will help more people.

.x.

pifa.zip feko

Hi Costox,

I just took a look at the zipped folder. It contains the following:
OptFEKO_Gain.pre
OptFEKO_Gain.opt
example_28.pre
example_28.opt

So basically these are two OptFEKO examples, and should be complete. Because with current version of FEKO, the optimization process has to be done with the .pre file, which is solely built in EditFEKO(specifically, it can not be established in CADFEKO, so there is no .cfx file with them).

Please let me know if this doesn't answer your question. Thanks.

feko short course manual

RayFeko,

Please upl the geometry files. I could not see the model structure without having the Feko Geometry files.

With the Feko geometry files, your project can be viewed by all versions of Feko.

Regards.

Re: Need Help

Open with EditFeko (Edit on it too) then PostFeko to see them. Thx RayFeko.
Have you got any other type of antennas (pifa, patch, filter... ) of Feko. Could you send to ng_toan_thang@yahoo.com?
Thank you very much

Need Help

Blood_Midian:

I'm sorry. I don't see where is PostFeko. Only PreFeko, EditFeko and WinFeko.

Thank you very much.
.x.

Ye open .Pre with EditFeko. Edit them and save (as u wants). Alt+2 = PreFeko. then Alt+3 = PostFeko. u can see them on bar

Need Help

Blood_Midian:

It's working thanks to you.

PreFeko Alt+2, then WinFeko Alt+3.

The reason it didn't work before was because I selected: OptFEKO_Gain.pre

Thank you.
.x.

Blood_Midian and costox,

Sorry for the late response. I was occupied with some other things. It is great that you guys already figured out how these work.

----Blood_Midian, I will send you a PIFA example built in CADFEKO shortly to your email at Yahoo. If you don't get it within 24 hours, please let me know. There are many FEKO examples coming with FEKO installation within the folders of C:\FEKO\examples\cad_input and C:\FEKO\examples\text_input. The detailed description on these examples can be found in the exampleguide.pdf (C:\FEKO\doc).

Also, at the link below, you can watch the video demonstration how they build structures in CADFEKO for dielectric resonant antenna (DRA), spiral inductor, etc. It should be very helpful.

http://www.feko.info/video_gallery.html

-----Costox, it seems your FEKO version is not up to date. If your maintenance & support is still valid, you could upgrade to the latest version of FEKO Suite 5.1.1, which includes a number of improvements. Also, the Suite 5.2 is expected to be released this summer, which will have much friendlier GUI by then.

Thx Ray.
Ive received your files. This is very good. How do u got it ^ ^ (if not private). Maybe i didnt ask supporter but this lesson is very rare. Tomorrow i'm go out office for my boss (maybe 2 weeks ). Thank you very much and im waiting 5.2 too. (Already know this morning).
To costox: U need update your Feko. Seems CadFeko more useful.
See ya soon

Need Help

i have used FEKO 5.0. It has many example,but optfeko seems a little difficult to learn.
And the pifa antenna can also email to me ,i want to study it! Thanks a lot.

Re: Need Help on FEKO

Hi RayFEKO, Costox and Blood_Midian,
Your information has been helpful to me. Thanks.
I'm using the evaluation copy of FEKO and it's about to expire but 've'nt succeded in obtaining good results for my original problem. i was trying to analyze an aperture coupled (Patch) antenna using the example in the FEKO student cometition area (provided by RayFEKO). i 've trying an H-Shaped aperture but the results i get are not satsfactory. I'm getting the efficiency of the antenna to be about 1.7% and this means the there is too much loss. can you please assist me to solve this problem and may be advice me on formulars used to get the dimensions of the structure. i want to use a substrate of epsilon r = 4.3 for both (patch) and feed and frequency of 2GHz. I 've attached the *.pre files which i was using. I tried using the CADFEKO but i was getting an error that there are no excitation edges in my geometry so i abandond it and used EDITFEKO.
please assist me.

Re: Need Help on FEKO

Hi Kivet,

If it were an easy question, I would have given you the reply immediately(if I know the answer:). However, it seems your model will take more time, which I don't have right now, as we are very very busy in these two weeks. Sorry for that.

However, since you are evaluating FEKO, you should be able to get technical support from your distributor. If you are in North America, you can send your questions to feko_support@emssusa.com. If you are not sure about your distributor, you can direct your question to feko_support@emss.co.za.

Thanks so much and good luck!

Hi,Rayfeko
I want to optimize antenna the VSWR and efficiency over a wide frequency range.How to program the *.opt file and *.pre file.Can you give me some examples.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back