Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Optimization sol. of sys. of nonlinear trigonometric funct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmed Waleed

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
trigonometric optimization

Dear All,

I'm working on an inverter and to eliminate harmonics in output voltage and current i have to optimize a solution of a system of nonlinear trigonometric functions and i don't know how, Newton-Raphson iteration method is too difficult with this...so I really need your help.

here's an example for what i want to solve:

I want to eliminate 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th and 11th harmonics so i have to optimize a solution for the next functions by solving them together at every value of m:

cos(x)+cos(y)+cos(z)+cos(w)+cos(h)=m

cos(3x)+cos(3y)+cos(3z)+cos(3w)+cos(3h)=0

cos(5x)+cos(5y)+cos(5z)+cos(5w)+cos(5h)=0

cos(7x)+cos(7y)+cos(7z)+cos(7w)+cos(7h)=0

cos(9x)+cos(9y)+cos(9z)+cos(9w)+cos(9h)=0

cos(11x)+cos(11y)+cos(11z)+cos(11w)+cos(11h)=0

where: x,y,z,w & h are angels less than Π/2
0<x<Π/10
Π/10<y<Π/8
Π/8<z<Π/6
Π/6<w<Π/4
Π/4<h<Π/2
m = variable varies with 0.1 step & 0<m<1 & i.e. m = 0.1 , 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.6, 0.7, 0.8,0.9

Note:
This method to eliminate the harmonics is called "Selective Harmonic Elimination Method of Multi-Level Inverter"

I hope i could explain my problem...and if you may ask me about specific thing will help in to solve this problem...that will be great.

Thanks in advance
Ahmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back